Jason’s guitar instruction ranges from people just starting off, to experienced players looking to learn new techniques. No matter what your skill level is, Jason can help you fine-tune your skills to get you to where you want to be.
Jason has taught hundreds of students combined. He currently teaches at Martel Music and privetely. He teaches all skill levels, ranging from beginners, to advanced players looking to expand their knowledge and learn new techniques.
Jason teaches a wide variety of genres including Jazz, Rock, Blues, and Pop. He currently teaches guitar, bass, piano, and ukulele.
While teaching he encourages his students to play the music they want to play and believes lessons should not only teach the student something new, but should be fun and enjoyable.
“I have been working with Jason for the past 4 months. My guitar playing had improved dramatically! He is a patient person, and you gotta be to teach me. I knew almost nothing, and now I feel like I am within 6 months of being a real pro. I’ve been learning Music Theory, notes on the fret board, Rhythm, Pentatonic Scales, and octaves. Although some of this stuff can be working, it is necessary to become a good guitar player. But me and Jason do about half work and half having fun. Usually we jam together in the 2nd half of the class. And it is good to play with someone else trading off lead and rhythm parts. So I get experience playing with another guitar player. I think it will make it easier when I play with other people. Not only is Jason an expert guitar player, but he plays an awesome “Free Bird”(Skynyrd) on the piano. He blew me away when I heard that, unbelievable. I think having some direct teacher makes you progress faster. I would not have stayed on course on my own.” –Bill Bennet
Get Started Today!
Click the link below and you will find Jason’s email along with his phone number. You could email or call or text me any time of the day. If I don’t answer please leave a message and I will call back as soon as I can!
Some of the Material I Teach
- Guitar Techniques (Bending, Vibrato, Hammer-On, Pull Offs, Slides, Etc)
- Understanding The Concept Of Time (Tempo, Rhythm, Form)
- Arpeggios (Major, Minor, Dominant, Diminished, Half-Diminished, Etc)
- Study Of 7th Chords (Major 7th, Minor 7th, Dominant 7th, Etc)
- Major Modes (Ionian, Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aeolian, Locrian)
- Major And Minor Pentatonic Scales
- Major And Minor Scales
- How to Analyze music
- Open Chords, Barre Chords & Power Chords
- Harmonics, Artificial Harmonics
- Learning ii-V-I Progressions
- 2 Note Comping Voicings (3rds And 7ths)
- 3 Note Comping Voicings (Root, 3rds And 7ths)
- Learning Jazz Standards
- Study Of Intervals
- Picking Techniques
- Scale Exercises
- Chord Melodies